Zero Trust is the modern security model
A Zero Trust foundation is the best way to modernize security, manage and investigate risk, and defend against threats. It’s built around three principles:
- Verify explicitly—Always authenticate and authorize based on all available data points, including user identity, location, device health, service or workload, data classification, and anomalies.
- Use least privileged access—Limit user access with just-in-time and just-enough-access (JIT/JEA), risk-based adaptive polices, with data protection to help secure both data and productivity.
- Assume breach—Minimize blast radius and segment access as you verify end-to-end encryption and use analytics to get visibility, drive threat detection, and improve defenses.
Zero Trust is the digital transformation security model advocated by government and industry because it:
- Links identity, security, information and compliance with cloud-powered intelligence
- Applies modern protocols for all app access, including web, SaaS and legacy
- Offers a path to risk-based access and passwordless authentication.
Zero Trust— the government- and industry-endorsed security model for digital transformation
Microsoft—Edgile’s recommended Zero Trust solution
Edgile believes Microsoft offers the best Zero Trust solution because of the visibility M365 E5 provides across the digital estate. In addition, Microsoft is positioned as a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader in:
- Access Management
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Enterprise Information Archiving
- Endpoint Protection Platforms
- Unified Endpoint Management
“Gartner estimates that 60% of businesses will shift to Zero Trust by 2023.”
Organizations that default to Microsoft gain the economic benefit of vendor consolidation and avoid integration costs. Edgile recommends that enterprises budget for above trend line spending over 12-24 months to deploy a Zero Trust model as soon as possible. Edgile can provide a roadmap and help you leverage your current investments in identity, security, and compliance while migrating to the Microsoft platform.
Reduce risk with modern authentication processes
Organizations need ways to reduce risk, accelerate modern authentication processes and increase end-user productivity—particularly in today’s remote workforce environment. A major challenge in this effort is integrating on-premises legacy applications into a comprehensive app management strategy with cloud intelligence and modern auth.
Achieving a Zero Trust identity foundation
Edgile has partnered with Microsoft, F5, Citrix and Zscaler to offer a low-risk, low-cost rapid implementation service that can leverage your existing investments in Microsoft 365 Azure AD and a proxy server to modernize cloud and legacy on-premises applications and achieve Zero Trust.
Our strategy goes beyond technology product deployment by taking a holistic approach that also manages people and processes across the enterprise. This enables your stakeholders to understand the “why” of security and compliance and how it relates to the risk framework, which can ease some of the burdens on your IT operations.
- Inventory and prioritize your apps
- Define business impacts
- Apply security controls
- Implement a connected security system